Saturday 24 May 2008

Ruby in a red dress

I don't know whether acting on impulse is a good or a bad thing.
Whilst visiting The Press office on Walmgate I was drawn to a red ballgown in the shop Thumbelina opposite.
I thought how wonderful it would look for the new picture I need. A backless halterneck in incredibly soft flowing scarlet satin with a geometric rushe design across the bust, reminiscent of Thirties elegance.
As always, I had to dash, Cinderella like, to collect my daughter from playgroup. However, I did not forget the dress.
I returned two days later to try it on with the hope of hiring it for the photoshoot.
Alas! Too small. Desperate not to be an ugly sister, and with a little persuasion from my friends, I have commissioned my very own made to measure version.
My friend Maria, of Nightowls mobile discos pointed out "some of our DJ's have a really sharp suit which makes them look like they mean business.."
I am selling it to my husband along the lines of an investment.
He does not yet look impressed: but he will be when he sees the finished product.
My first fitting is a week on Tuesday! I can't wait!!! Watch this space for pics.

No comments: